Advanced Dentistry Center
Q. What is a porcelain veneers restoration?
- A veneer is a thin facing of porcelain veneers that is bonded to the front visible surface of a tooth.
- It is similar to a false fingernail.
- The appearance of a tooth can be dramatically improved by a veneer restoration.
- It can change the colour, shape and size of a tooth.
- Discoloured teeth can be permanently whitened with a veneer.
Q. When will I need a veneer?
- Porcelain veneers are ideal for front teeth if you have any of the following:
- Stained and discoloured teeth.
- Fillings that are large and noticeable.
- Chipped teeth.
- Spaces between the teeth.
- Slightly crooked teeth.
- Teeth that are too short, too long, or too wide.
Q. Why is porcelain the best material for a veneer?
- Porcelain has a translucency and lustre that cannot be equalled by any other material. It closely resembles the enamel of a tooth
- Perfect colour matching to existing teeth is possible with a veneer.
- A porcelain veneer is a very strong and durable tooth restoration.
- Although a veneer is very thin, it becomes as strong as the enamel of the tooth. It is strengthened by being fused or bonded to the tooth.
- It cannot be stained and will not discolour.
- A porcelain veneer is very thin and as a result very little tooth material has to be trimmed away to accommodate it.
- A veneer can also be made of a plastic material, but this can not match the aesthetics and durability of porcelain. Temporary veneers are made of acrylic.
Q. How careful must I be with my new veneers?
- Veneers are very strong and durable and cannot be damaged easily.
- Eating will not be affected, but it is not advisable to bite or chew hard sweets or chicken bones with the veneered teeth.
- The bright lustre of a veneer can be preserved by using a non-abrasive toothpaste
Life is full of beauty; live yours to its fullest potential. Ashley Smith
Site designed & maintained by Webzsol.com
Mumbai - India: Porcelain Veneers in India